Gayatri Devi Junior High School, Gaini Village
Some classes are conducted in poorly constructed structures with tin roof, and others basically use the space outside a cowshed and the shade of trees on the land that Mr. Bisaria owns. Mr. Bisaria and 5 of his family members are dedicated to running the school, from teaching to administration, just to provide the kids with an opportunity to learn.
Given the high number of kids enrolled, it is evident that this school is the only affordable means of education to them. The impoverished local community is unable to help in any way, and without the dedication of Mr. Bisaria and his family, these kids are likely to not receive any education at all.
- 6 new classrooms in a new 2-story building
- Refurbishment of the existing toilets, and construction of 2 new toilets
- Paving/improvements to the assembly area, and to/around the tree in the school premises
- Basic, functional improvement to the aesthetics of the exteriors of the school
- Functional aesthetics and basic improvement to the gate and the entry into the school
- Rain water harvesting
Share this Post