Device use recommendations:
1. Place the iPad or the device you are using at an appropriate height.
2. Please keep the camera orientation to be landscape mode and should show the student and instrument
3. Use a microphone to amplify if possible
4. Use a plain or simple background
5. Please do not have a bright window or light behind the contestant.
6. The major thing is the network delay that we cannot control so we definitely suggest a good internet connection point and suggest that family members not stream videos during the performer’s live session. This way they can get full bandwidth.
7. Contestants in a room by themselves to minimize feedback/echo
Usage of apps:
8. If needed, you can use the metronome app or just have someone else put thala for you
9. From the audio perspective, the Shruthi box needs to be close but not too close to the mic.
Lots of materials are available online for the specific settings for your instrument play
10. Suggested settings:
Available settings from Zoom
Kindly review and use the one that suits best for your instrument and pitch you intend to play
Here are some examples:
Zoom Meeting Logistics
After the performance, contestant will leave the zoom meeting and watch the program on YouTube
Zoom 1 - OSAAT Lobby
Zoom 2 - OSAAT Side Stage
Zoom 3 - OSAAT Main Stage