Government Higher Primary School, Rampura Village
- Currently the school operates in 6 class rooms – one each for classes 4-7 and 2 nali-kali classrooms for classes 1-3.
- There are 4 classrooms with tiles that are leaking. They have mud walls and are not safe. In certain season, some worms sheltered in tiles cause skin infection and hence the classes are held outside in open space. One of the 4 class rooms is not being used because the roof is about half gone.
- Staff-room is fairly OK. The classroom next to staff-room is being used but the RC roof is in bad shape.
- Another nali-kali room was constructed by the government in 2007. School says it is in usable condition and they are indeed using it for 3rd grade nali-kali. However, during OSAAT team’s inspection, the quality and condition of this room did not seem good.
- 5 of the classrooms are in bad shape
- 4 of the existing classrooms are with broken roof tiles & crumbling walls.
- The toilet blocks are not a usable structure
The school requests that 5 class rooms and the toilets be rebuilt. They are also requesting for a compound wall and play equipment.
The budget for this project is around INR 40 Lakhs OSAAT expects this project to be completed in 3 months so that the facility can be ready before the next academic year.
Share this Post