OSAAT Q3 2022 Newsletter
This is a great accomplishment for OSAAT as it has initiated various projects in the third quarter of 2022. Naatya Raaga was also successfully completed. Here are a few highlights for the quarter.
More than six projects have been completed in this quarter. More than three projects have commenced and one more project in Meghalaya has been available for funding.
Projects Completed in Q3
- School in Badavanahalli – The donor was Shri Jay Pullur. OSAAT constructed four classrooms and a toilet block.
- School in Walsang – The donors were Nutanix Technologies India Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru; VDA Infosolutions Pvt. Ltd., Mumbai; Infor India Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. OSAAT constructed three classrooms and a toilet block.
- School in Arabagatte – The donors were Citrix R&D India Pvt. Ltd. Bengaluru; Logmein Systems India Pvt. Ltd., Verifone India Family; Colloqi Consulting (OPC) India Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru. OSAAT constructed four classrooms and a toilet block.
- School in Harave – The donor was Mitel, Bangalore. OSAAT constructed three classrooms and a kitchen.
- School in Manuvinakurike – The donors were Yokogawa India Ltd., Bengaluru; PowerSchool India Pvt. Ltd., Bengaluru; Syncron Software India Pvt. Ltd; Shri Nirmal Munipella, Bengaluru. OSAAT constructed four classrooms.
- School in Bilikere
- School in Chikkahunsur – The donors were Vokkaligara Parishat of America-West, USA; Tri Valley Kannada Sangha, USA; Cisco Teams, USA. OSAAT constructed four classrooms and a toilet block.
Projects Started in Q3
A project in Halehalli has been started in this quarter.
ODiSI provides an equal opportunity for the rural students just like the urban ones.
It is our pleasure to provide you with the quarterly update on ODiSI, our infrastructure initiative for bridging the digital gap between urban and rural areas.
We gratefully acknowledge the generous contribution of Vibha, Guru Kripa Foundation, Deloitte Foundation (India), Nutanix, M P Kumar, Citrix, Sita Kumar, Seva Mandara, Cloudera India and Rotary Club. DDPI’s of Kolar and Mysuru district have extended their support in implementing the program in their respective districts. We thank the Director of DSERT and DIET Officials for their participation and signing up of MoU with OSAAT for ODiSI Programme.
The children around the world have fallen behind 1-2 years academically ever since the pandemic hit. The support we receive from donors is critical to make a difference and to continue to make steady progress.
Naatya Raaga 2022
In the month of August, OSAAT successfully completed its signature event “Naatya Raaga”, conducted in tournament style for the first time. There were numerous applications received for both dance and music categories. The grand finale was held on 13th of August and the trophy distribution on 21st of August. All the contestants, judges and volunteers participated with great enthusiasm and helped OSAAT conclude the event successfully.
An annual event where the donors are presented with 10-12 schools for adoption. The donors can also suggest and fund a school of their choice. On the day of the event, there will be a notable keynote speaker, a panel discussion with people known for their philanthropy, entertainment and food. This years’ program will be held on Nov 13, 2022 at Quinlan Community Center, Cupertino, California.
OSAAT would like to sincerely thank Mr. Mani from Shastha Foods Pvt. Ltd. for promoting our organization by printing about us on the cap of their dosa batter bottles. The pictorial representation can be seen. We would like to extend our gratitude to the Sevathon team, which had arranged a marathon on the 28th of August, 2022. A bioengineering camp was held for children from 3rd to 6th grade wherein the kids learnt about the concepts of biology, diseases, genetic engineering basics, intersection of computer science with biology concepts through fun filled activities. The fees raised were donated to OSAAT.